Completed in 1824, the Georgetown County Courthouse is listed in the National Register as part of the Georgetown Historic District. Architect Robert Mills designed this Classical Revival building to replace the former courthouse. Though the architectural style is popular among public buildings, this particular structure is considered the most sophisticated of Mills’ courthouses. Mills himself called it a “great ornament to the town.” Construction included an addition that connected the Courthouse to the adjacent office building. Renovation and addition plans were developed by Tych & Walker Architects.
Tags: Historical Buildings, Municipal/Civic